MANOWAR Unable To Perform Bulgaria Show 2022 Due To Promoters’ Failure To Fulfill Contractual Obligations
Regrettably MANOWAR will not be able to perform the previously scheduled open air performance in Plovdiv, Bulgaria on July 4, 2022 due to the promoters’ failure to fulfill their contractual obligations. The Bulgarian fans can be sure the band will return to this glorious country, a representative said. And this promise comes with a special gift: MANOWAR’s new studio release will feature a song dedicated to the Bulgarian Manowarriors called “The Sword Of Spartacus”, named after the famed gladiator and national hero. The CRUSHING THE ENEMIES OF METAL ANNIVERSARY TOUR ’22 will celebrate four decades of MANOWAR and anniversaries of some of the band’s most celebrated studio albums; a real treat for every fan of true metal. A brand new stage production, a set list packed with fan favorites and other surprises will make this a tour you don’t want to miss.
For all tour details and ticket links go to manowar.com/tour Watch the official trailer HERE
Follow MANOWAR on manowar.com, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for constant updates. MANOWAR – Confirmed Tour Dates: Tue, April 12, 2022 – Rotterdam, NL – Rotterdam Ahoy Wed, April 13, 2022 – Bremen, DE – ÖVB-Arena – Halle 7 Thu, April 14, 2022 – Berlin, DE – Velodrom Sat, April 16, 2022 – Oberhausen, DE – König Pilsener Arena Sun, April 17, 2022 – Zwickau, DE – Stadthalle Thu, April 21, 2022 – Nuremberg, DE – Arena Nürnberger Versicherung Fri, April 22, 2022 – Neu-Ulm, DE – Ratiopharm Arena Sat, April 23, 2022 – Mannheim, DE – SAP Arena Thu, June 30, 2022 – Barcelona, ES – Rock Fest Barcelona Thu, July 21, 2022 – Vila Nova de Famalicão – PT – Laurus Nobilis Music Fest
I cIearly remember the first time I heard MANOWAR. Fighting the World had just been released and somebody had brought the album from Germany (you could not buy officially such music in Bulgaria at that time). What first struck me was the inherent power of their music. I was asked to translate the lyrics of the songs and the very process of translating them helped me get into the lyrics to a much deeper level than just listening to the songs. Thus, the songs grew on me even more. MANOWAR were to me a band that played exceptionally powerful music and they did it really well. They were loud as hell, they had lyrics which appealed to me. My husband Miro shared my passion for MANOWAR, as did some of our close friends. However, looking back at that period from today’s perspective, I didn’t even suspect how thoroughly this band would change my life.
The day I really discovered MANOWAR was June 30th, 2007 and I will never forget that day. MANOWAR had their first ever show in Bulgaria and it was on that day that I saw MANOWAR live for the first time and I realized that this was not just a great and loud heavy metal band singing about power, might and courage. These were people who seemed to actually believe in what their songs were about and live by the highest standards they have set themselves. I’ve made many attempts to describe the feelings that hit me on that day, but it’s not possible for me to put in words all the energy, the power, the might, the passion, the inspiration that were streaming from that stage. Within those magic 3 hours they played nearly every song every local fan had ever dreamed of hearing live. They came, they conquered and they offered the perfect gift to their Bulgarian fans in exchange for our hearts – Mila Rodino. Thank you, Eric, for taking the time to learn the lyrics in Bulgarian! Your rendition of our anthem was spectacular!!! Thank you MANOWAR for showing us what a true metal show is!
It was something I had never seen before by any band. It was a magical interaction between band and fans.
It was the quality of sound never experienced before.
Having seen MANOWAR’s show in Kavarna 2007, I thought I would never see anything so great… But what did I know back then. The show in Kavarna on July 5th, 2008 surpassed my wildest dreams! 5 magic hours and 4 minutes of pure power and might on stage! As if playing the first six albums wasn’t enough, including some songs that had seldom been performed live, the band had prepared some more extra cool surprises for us: Hail To England turned into Hail to Bulgaria, as Eric replaced “England” with “Bulgaria” in the chorus! Die with Honor performed for the first time ever live! Mila Rodino performed beyond perfection with a choir and an orchestra!
Amazing! After years of waiting Bulgarian fans of MANOWAR were finally rewarded for their patience two years in a row and in what a way! I have never experienced anything that comes close to it. Valeri (some of you know him from the Czech shows 2012, others from the German shows in the following years) shared such a lovely story about a 75-years old lady they met at the 2008 show in Kavarna that I cannot resist sharing. The guys thought she was accidentally there and asked her if she had enjoyed the show, to which she replied, “It was such a stupid thing to let this band [MANOWAR] play on the first night and not ask them to perform at the grand finale of the festival, on the third night. They raised the bar so high that now it wouldn’t really matter even if a band from Mars came tomorrow…” That sums it just about right.
When MANOWAR were announced to play at Bestfest in Bucharest the following year, we had no doubts that we had to be there. Our first show abroad. Needless to say, the band offered once again an unforgettable night. We also experienced our first House of Death party that was perfectly organized by our Romanian hosts. Thanks, guys! Many of the people we met there that night have become our true friends for life. So many people that we met for the first time in Bucharest, but we felt we’d known for ages. People that we’ve barely met would later help us when we would visit their home towns on tour and would even welcome us in their homes, or would travel thousands of kilometers just to be with us on a special day. Thank you, MANOWAR for uniting us all under the sign of the hammer! After that night it’s never been only about the concert anymore – it feels like a grand family reunion on each tour!
In 2010, MANOWAR finally came to my home town, Sofia. Figures in the press are varying but at least 35.000 screamed our lungs out showing the promoters that we were at the festival for MANOWAR and MANOWAR alone. Regardless of the ridiculously short slot allowed to MANOWAR, we were happy that our 8-years old nephew Kiki and our older nephew Stefan could finally see for themselves what we were talking about all these years. After the show Kiki asked me to tell “MANOWAR that they are the greatest band ever!” And later, at the party when someone from the crew gave him a used MANOWAR-labeled guitar pick, I could see in his eyes all the excitement and pride he felt. Joey, thank you for honoring our fallen brother Joro (Spirit). All who knew him missed him terribly that night.
Tolmin was our first Magic Circle Festival. This was the first time I would ever see MANOWAR from so close, the first time I could see the devotion in Joey’s eyes, the first time I could see Eric smile live, the first time I received a present from the band – Thank you, Eric, for the signed “Ask me about Asgard” T-shirt! It is still on display in our living room, but no one is allowed to touch it. 3 glorious days and nights with our brothers and sisters from all around the world in a huge party tent the band had ensured for the fans. Million thanks for the perfect organization to all involved!
After that touring to see MANOWAR became an essential part of our lives. Several dozens of shows and tens of thousands of kilometers on the road later, I can say my life has changed thoroughly. All the excitement of shows announced, making travel plans, anticipating to see the next unforgettable performance and to meet our friends became a special spice that brings so much flavor in my life that I cannot imagine what it would be like if I didn’t have a next show to look forward to.
I won’t stop at each unforgettable MANOWAR show, but I cannot omit my last show so far – in Sofia again, on June 16th, 2019. It was a few nights of glorious parties and the best show in my life! But you never know with MANOWAR – they could easily top that the next time I see them. I am still overwhelmed with emotions and grateful for having my nephews and so many dear friends from Texas all the way to Japan sharing that night with us. Kiki did an amazing job both for securing a front row spot for me and as my bodyguard throughout the show! This was his second show and he admitted that it was a dream come true for him to share the front row with me and so it was for me. My little boy has grown up to a reliable young man. Stefan told me that it was an unforgettable experience and that he still gets goose bumps thinking of that night. This was an event that I will cherish for as long as I live and I can’t find words strong enough that would do justice to the emotions felt!
Today, I cannot imagine my life without the band and the guys at the House of Death that I am proud to call my family. I’ve got inspiring music for any mood, performances exceeding perfection that have left me speechless so many times, powerful and motivating lyrics, and a band that does care a great deal about us, the fans, the personal connection – so many unforgettable personal moments – be it a greeting, a wink, a smile, a hint that what we shared in the forum has been heard.
The sound so often felt to be loud even for MANOWAR’s standards, but still crystal clear (Hail Jeff!) I am addicted to feeling the magic sound physically, with every cell of my body. I just need to hear it again and again, to feel it all – the black wind coming out of the PA – Magic, pure magic that only MANOWAR can deliver.
Two great men have earned a special place in my heart – Eric and Joey.
At times while performing Eric seems to me like the Norse God Bragi, the God of poetry and music, at others like Baldur, the god of radiance, then like the thunderous Thor, and at times he looks like Odin himself. His voice, his facial expressions, his posture, everything about him takes him so far beyond all that is human. After every show I get the feeling that he came from Valhalla to embrace us with his magical voice.
I love the way Joey would come out on stage with slow, confident, heavy steps, like a Giant. I’ve always seen him as a Giant on stage, the genius, the virtuoso! Joey’s unconditional and complete devotion to MANOWAR is not merely worthy of great respect, but it is also an inspiring model to me. In difficult times I often find myself looking for inspiration in the battles he has won.
And now I flip through the pages of the magnificent edition The Blood of the Kings Vol. 1 and think of the days it has all started, of the days when these two men of great integrity began writing the history of true metal and from the bottom of my heart I say:
THANK YOU, MANOWAR, for your music, for the inspiration, for making dreams come true, for making the impossible possible! I admire your professionalism and your devotion to your fans that has created this special bond between band and fans… such a strong bond I have never felt before.
Million thanks also to the crew for the amazing job you are doing!
A bold mighty HAIL to the band that changed my life!
The moment Portuguese Manowarriors have been waiting for has come: MANOWAR will return to Portugal, celebrating the CRUSHING THE ENEMIES OF METAL ANNIVERSARY TOUR ’22 with their loyal fans.
The headlining performance of Laurus Nobilis Music Fest on July 21, 2022, will be MANOWAR’s only show in Portugal next year, and everyone with a passion for true metal and immortal hymns should buy their tickets before it is too late.
“The power of the Portuguese Manowarriors is legendary!” said Joey DeMaio. “We are proud to return after 11 years to deliver a massive show of epic proportions.”
MANOWAR’s CRUSHING THE ENEMIES OF METAL ANNIVERSARY TOUR ’22, will pay special tribute to six signature MANOWAR albums and their anniversaries:
40th Anniversary of Battle Hymns
35th Anniversary of Fighting The World
30th Anniversary of The Triumph Of Steel
20th Anniversary of Warriors Of The World
15th Anniversary of Gods Of War
10th Anniversary of The Lord Of Steel
A brand new stage production, a set list full of fan favorites and many other highlights promise a spectacle metal fans will never forget.
MANOWAR – Confirmed Tour Dates: Tue, April 12, 2022 – Rotterdam, NL – Rotterdam Ahoy
Wed, April 13, 2022 – Bremen, DE – ÖVB-Arena – Halle 7
Thu, April 14, 2022 – Berlin, DE – Velodrom
Sat, April 16, 2022 – Oberhausen, DE – König Pilsener Arena
Sun, April 17, 2022 – Zwickau, DE – Stadthalle
Thu, April 21, 2022 – Nuremberg, DE – Arena Nürnberger Versicherung
Fri, April 22, 2022 – Neu-Ulm, DE – Ratiopharm Arena
Sat, April 23, 2022 – Mannheim, DE – SAP Arena
Thu, June 30, 2022 – Barcelona, ES – Rock Fest Barcelona
Mon, July 4, 2022 – Plovdiv, BG – Rowing Canal
Thu, July 21, 2022 – Vila Nova de Famalicão – PT – Laurus Nobilis Music Fest
O momento que todos os Manowarriors Portugueses esperavam chegou: MANOWAR
regressa a Portugal, para celebrar a CRUSHING THE ENEMIES OF METAL
ANNIVERSARY TOUR ‘22 com os seus fãs fiéis.
A performance como headliner no Laurus Nobilis Music Fest, a 21 de julho de 2022, será o
único show de MANOWAR em Portugal no próximo ano e todos os fãs do verdadeiro metal
e hinos imortais, devem adquirir os seus passes, antes que esgotem.
“O poder dos Manowarriors Portugueses é verdadeiramente lendário!” diz Joey DeMaio.
“Estamos orgulhosos de voltar a Portugal, 11 anos depois, para proporcionarmos um
espetáculo de proporções épicas.”.
A tour CRUSHING THE ENEMIES OF METAL ANNIVERSARY TOUR ‘22 fará um tributo
especial aos seis dos seus álbuns mais memoráveis, e respetivos aniversários:
40º aniversário de Battle Hymns
35º aniversário de Fighting The World
30º aniversário de The Triumph Of Steel
20º aniversário de Warriors Of The World
15º aniversário de Gods Of War
10º aniversário de The Lord Of Steel
Uma nova produção de palco, uma set list cheia de temas icónicos e muitos outros
destaques prometem um espectáculo que os fãs de metal nunca esquecerão.
Os bilhetes para o tão esperado regresso do MANOWAR a Portugal estão agora disponíveis
MANOWAR – Datas confirmadas da Tour
Terça, 12 de abril 2022 – Rotterdam, NL – Rotterdam Ahoy
Quarta, 13 de abril 2022 – Bremen, DE – ÖVB-Arena – Halle 7
Quinta, 14 de abril 2022 – Berlin, DE – Velodrom
Sábado,16 de abril 2022 – Oberhausen, DE – König Pilsener Arena
Domingo, 17 de abril 2022 – Zwickau, DE – Stadthalle
Quinta, 12 de abril 2022 – Nuremberg, DE – Arena Nürnberger Versicherung
Sexta, 22 de abril, 2022 – Neu-Ulm, DE – Ratiopharm Arena
Sábado, 23 de abril, 2022 – Mannheim, DE – SAP Arena
Quinta, 30 de junho, 2022 – Barcelona, ES – Rock Fest Barcelona
Segunda, 4 de julho, 2022 – Plovdiv, BG – Rowing Canal
Quinta, 21 de julho, 2022 – Vila Nova de Famalicão – PT – Laurus Nobilis Music Fest
I tell my story and forgive my bad english hope you understand.
My first album was Kings of Metal and my sister listen that in he car, when i heard that i was yes! My friends buy me Triumph Of Steel album and I was in Lumberjack school, I live Finland. My friend hears that album and he say that Manowar come to Finland kulttuuritalo, year was 1994 winter I think it was February, very cold. I was 18 and my friend was 17. We buy ticket and go Kouvola to Helsinki by train it was Saturday. Okay everything go fine and we listen Manowar, my first gig. Band was little late because bus was broken. When we go back train both of us hear shit of what other saying. Helsinki to Kouvola by train but was Saturday train conductor says that train not go Kouvola because it was Saturday WHAT THE FCK. It was -27 degree outside, no cell phones. We find phonebox Riihimäki where train stop and my friend call he’s da pickup. Two hour we wait. We not speak much because we not hear not very much. But concert was good and we saw you again Monster of Millenium. Not by train I was driver that day.
Hail my brothers and sisters. My name is Simone, I’m from Brazil … I’ve been a fan of Manowar since I was 7/8 years old. My older brother was in love with the band and I grew up listening to him … there was no other way:
I fell in love too.
Today I am 40 years old, so it is 31 years of love for the band … which is tattooed on my skin, on the ring of my cell phone … in my tears and joys, the soundtrack is always by Manowar.
I still have a lot of hope of seeing them here again and being able to go with my son to a show now … and thus pass on to another generation the real metal.
I´m Luísa and I’m from Portugal, and I´m a girl who has only one purpose in life, True Metal Music.
I discovered Manowar about two years ago.
It´s not too much, but quickly became my favourite band. I started listening to Hard Rock, but it wasn’t noisy enough, so I became a TRUE METAL fan and now there´s nothing better.
For me, Manowar is not a band anymore, it’s a family of MANOWARRIORS. It´s my religion. This text was an excuse to write how much I love Manowar🖤. I have never seen a Manowar show, that´s what I’d like to do the most right now. I´m sure when I go to that show, it is going to be epic. I don´t have tattoos because everybody says it’s a mistake to do something with my body that marks me for the rest of my life, but I would be proud to have a Manowar tattoo forever. One day, I’ll do it. Already have some ideas. Heavy Metal will exist forever and it’s gonna be glorious, as always, it’s never gonna die!
Just wanted to say that Manowar is my favourite band and it will be forever.
July 9 to July 12, 2008: An army of metal fans from all over the world gathers in the city of Bad Arolsen, Germany for the second edition of Magic Circle Festival.
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of their legendary album “Kings Of Metal,” MANOWAR served a special feast to the 35,000 metal warriors attending Magic Circle Festival 20008: During the 4-day festival the band performed their first 6 albums in their entirety.
Relieve this glorious event with the video-on-demand or download MANOWAR – LIVE AT MAGIC CIRCLE FESTIVAL 2008 on Apple and Amazon.
(c) 2008 Magic Circle Entertainment Photo: Guido Karp
The founder and bassist of Manowar Joey DeMaio: “We call Bulgaria our second home”
“On the 4th of July 2022 we are preparing a show that will crash the enemies of true metal!
“I’ll never forget our first show in Kavarna”
“I was born to do this, and I will do it until the day I die”
-Mr. DeMaio, Manowar are coming back to Bulgaria in 2022. Аre you excited?
Joey: What kind of question is that? That is like asking any Bulgarian if they like Heavy Metal! I am more than excited! Everyone knows that Manowar open air shows are legendary because the biggest part of our shows are the strongest fans in Bulgaria. Our Bulgarian Manowarriors are incredibly loyal and filled with power.
-Next year we will celebrate 15 years of your first show in Bulgaria. What are your memories from that show?
Joey: I’ll never forget our first show in Bulgaria. It was a dream for us to come to Bulgaria and to finally find people that could understand our promise to the Bulgarian Manowarriors. The fans welcomed us into their country and into their hearts with such passion and devotion! It was very emotional and never to be forgotten; and each time we come it is like returning to a family reunion.
-And what are your best memories from previous visits? You went to the municipal dog pound of Seslavci…
The visit to the dog pound was very emotional. I love dogs, so I immediately agreed when the mayor asked if I could come and help bring attention to a dramatic situation. Every visit to Bulgaria is special. I have of course spent a lot of time in Sofia, but I have also been as you know to Kavarna many times and also Bansko and now I will be proud to go to Plovdiv to study and learn about the festival site for next year’s celebration.
-What show should Bulgarian fans expect on 4th of July 2022 in Plovdiv?
Joey: A massive one! An unforgettable one! One that will crush the enemies of true metal! A true metal celebration of our fans, and our love and respect for Bulgaria; a special place we are honored to call a second home.
-Do you have a surprise for the Bulgarian fans? Bulgarian songs or versions?
Joey: We’ll have a huge surprise for our Bulgarian fans, but I can’t tell you more yet.
-You already spoke Bulgarian. Do you remember some words?
Joey: Well since the pandemic happened, I have not been able to travel until just now, so I hate to admit my Bulgarian is a little rusty. I’ll make sure to brush up on it before the show.
-Please, tell us more about Crushing the Enemies of Metal Anniversary tour
Joey: It’s a very special tour for us. We’ll be celebrating special anniversaries of six of our albums, including Battle Hymns, Triumph Of Steel, Warriors Of The World and Gods Of War. That occasion of course calls for something special and special this tour will be: Killer set list, a huge production, some world premieres, and lots of surprises!
-What is the feeling to be the leader of one of the most genius and powerful heavy metal bands in the world?
Joey: Thank you for the kind words, I will pass the compliment on to the other band members. I don’t really think about my life in that way. I just know that I am charged with a great responsibility to try to write and bring to life the very best music I can. Not only for ourselves as a band but for our loyal crew and the greatest fans in the world. I just love what I do, what we do as a band, that we’ve been able to stay true to ourselves throughout the years and that we have fans all over the world who appreciate us for it. Without a doubt I am blessed and I know and respect it.
-You have been doing music for more than 40 years. Do you ever get tired of it?
In 1980 a new band exploded on the metal scene that would change the world of music and create history. What changed since then?
Joey: A lot, on so many levels. In terms of music new genres have evolved, new ways of consuming music but what hasn’t changed, and never will, is that we all need music in their lives for the happy moments and the tough ones. And whatever else emerges, you can’t replace the feeling you get from a live show; being part of a crowd and taking in the pulsating energy between audience and performer.
-Heavy metal “will never die”, you say. But who’s coming next? Why can’t the new generations reach the highest level?
Joey: There are many bands and there always will be music. However, there will only ever be 1 BEATLES, 1 LED ZEPPLIN, 1 ROLLING STONES, 1 AC/DC – there were and will be no others like them. There is and will only ever be 1 MANOWAR – we are the last of our kind and there will never be another like us. As long as we live, we will always defend the rights of our fans to have the very best we can do and to fight to the end for true metal. It lives in our hearts and souls. Our fans in Bulgaria have shown that and continue to show it to people all over the world. You will see it again on our new DVD.
-Do you think that originality in songs is something hard to find in our days?
Joey: Not only in songs but also in live performance and all that goes along with it.
-There are a lot of bands that play Manowar songs. What do you think about it?
Joey: Well, you know what they say: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
-You always focus on war, death, fighting. Where lies the inspiration in that?
Joey: These topics represent personal battles that we all have in common and experience ever day of our lives regardless of where we are and what we do in this world. We all have struggles to go through, fighting with those who want to put us down, fight our enemies or our personal demons to win and persevere.
-Do you have the feeling that we would be in need of heroes at this time especially?
Joey: Now, Always and Forever. There are heroes around us, often unrecognized, but a real hero doesn’t do it for the fame or reward; it lives in ones heart to be pure.
-Which bands/artists have been your biggest influences when you started your career?
Joey: Sabbath, Mountain, Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep; so many of the Legendary bands.
-Two years ago you said that you are “too young to retire”. Do you imagine your world without making music and touring with the other guys from Manowar?
Joey: Never! I was born to do this, and I will do it until the day I die!
-Are you still simple man with all the rock star life going on?
Joey: I know what people mean when they use the term rock star and I know they mean it as a compliment, but I really do not see myself like that. I am a musician and I have a love and lust for pure sound in the studio and live. I enjoy making all around me as crazy as I am, to achieve the perfect performance in all areas of studio or live performance. I love hearing all of our crew and anyone I work with scream and yell when I ask them to constantly do the impossible. I also enjoy even more after all the suffering is over and the show is a success hearing all the people I made crazy say how happy they are that I made them do it after seeing the look on the fans’ faces. I am the same person I have always been. If you change because of your status in life, the money you make or fame, you’re doomed.
-What will you say to your Bulgarian fans?
Joey: Come and join us on July 4, 2022. We’ll rock the hills of Plovdiv with a show you’ll never forget! Don’t miss it!
Joey: Thank you!
Interview by Ekaterina Tomova for Telegraph Daily /Monitor online Bulgaria
Основателят и басист на Manowar Джоуи ДеМайо:
Наричаме България втори дом
На 4 юли 2022 г. подготвяме шоу, което ще срази враговете на истинския метъл
Никога няма да забравя първото ни идване в Каварна
Роден съм, за да правя това и ще го правя до деня, в който умра
– Джоуи, Manowar се завръщат в България през 2022! Вълнувате ли се?
– Що за въпрос е това? Все едно да питате дали българите обичат да слушат хеви метъл! Повече от развълнуван съм! Всички знаят, че концертите на Manowar на открито са легендарни, защото най-голямата част от нашите шоута са именно най-запалените фенове в България. Нашите български Manowarriors (бел. ред. – в превод от англ. „воини на Manowar“) са невероятно лоялни и изпълнени с мощ.
– Догодина ще отпразнуваме 15 години от вашето първо шоу в България. Какви са спомените ви от този концерт?
– Никога няма да забравя първото ни шоу в България. За нас беше мечта да дойдем в България и най-накрая да намерим хора, които могат да разберат нашето обещание към българските Manowarriors да се срещнем. Феновете ни приеха гостоприемно в тяхната страна и в техните сърца, с такава страст и преданост! Беше много емоционално и никога няма да бъде забравено. Всеки път, когато се връщаме в България, е като завръщане към семейна сбирка.
– Какви са спомените ви от следващите ви гостувания у нас? Посетихте приюта за бездомни животни в Сеславци…
– Посещението в приюта за кучета беше много емоционално. Обичам кучета, затова и веднага се съгласих, когато кметът на София ме попита дали искам да дойда и да помогна да се насочи вниманието към тази драматична ситуация. Всяко гостуване в България е специално. Прекарал съм, разбира се, много време в София, но съм посещавал, както знаете, и Каварна, Банско, а сега ще съм горд да отида до Пловдив и да науча повече за фестивала, на който ще празнуваме следващата година.
– Какво шоу готвите за българските си почитатели на 4 юли 2022 г. в Пловдив?
– Масивно! Незабравимо! Шоу, което ще срази враговете на истинския метъл! Истинско метъл празненство за нашите фенове и нашата любов и уважение към България, място, което с почит наричаме наш втори дом.
– Готвите ли някакви изненади, може би отново някоя песен на български език?
– Имаме огромна изненада за българските си фенове, но все още не мога да издам каква е.
– Вече сте говорил на български. Спомняте ли си някои думички?
– Откакто настъпи пандемията, не съм имал възможността да пътувам, поне досега, така че не ми е приятно да призная, но малко съм забравил българския език. Ще се постарая да си опресня познанията преди шоуто.
– Бихте ли ни разказал малко повече за предстоящото турне Crushing the Enemies of Metal Anniversary.
– Това е много специално турне за нас. Ние празнуваме специални годишнини на шест от нашите албуми, включително Battle Hymns, Triumph Of Steel, Warriors Of The World and Gods Of War. Този случай, разбира се, говори за нещо специално, каквото е и турнето: убийствен сет лист, мащабна продукция, няколко световни премиери и много изненади!
– Какво е усещането да бъдеш лидер на една от най-гениалните и могъщи хеви метъл банди на всички времена?
– Благодаря за милите думи, ще предам комплиментите и на останалите членове на бандата. Никога не съм гледал на живота си по този начин. Знам само, че съм зареден със страхотната отговорност да се опитвам да пиша и да вдъхвам живот на най-добрата музика, на която съм способен. Не само за нас като банда, но и за лоялния ни екип и най-страхотните фенове на света. Просто обичам това, което правя. Това, което правим като банда и че можем да останем верни на себе си през годините и имаме фенове по целия свят, които ни ценят за това, което сме. Без съмнение съм благословен, знам го и го уважавам.
– Създавате музика вече повече от 40 години. Писва ли ви понякога?
– През 1980 г. една млада банда на име Manowar, променя света на музиката завинаги. Какво се промени оттогава досега?
– Много, и то на различни нива. По отношение на музиката са се развили нови жанрове, нови начини за консумация на музика. Това, което не се промени и никога няма да се промени, е, че всички ние имаме нужда от музика както за хубавите моменти, така и за лошите. И каквото и друго да се появи, не може да се замени усещането, когато си на концерт на живо, да бъдеш част от тълпата и да поемеш пулсиращата енергия между публиката и изпълнителя.
– Ваши са думите, че хеви метълът няма да умре никога. Но в последните години няма толкова големи изявени банди, които да покоряват сцената.
– Има много банди и винаги ще има музика. И все пак винаги ще има само едни The Beatles, едни Led Zeppelin, едни The Rolling Stones, едни AC/DC – няма да има други като тях. Има и ще има само един Manowar – ние сме последни от рода си и никога няма да има други като нас. Докато сме живи, винаги ще защитаваме правата на нашите фенове да имат най-доброто, на което сме способни, и ще се борим докрай за истинската метъл музика. Тя живее в нашите сърца и души. Нашите почитатели в България са видели това и продължаваме да го показваме на феновете по целия свят. Ще го видите отново в нашето ново DVD.
– Трудно ли се открива оригиналността в песните днес?
– Не само в песните, но ви изпълненията на живо и всичко, което върви с тях.
– Има много банди, които свирят песните на Manowar. Какво мислите за това?
– Е, знаете какво казват: Имитацията е най-искрената форма на ласкателство.
– В творчеството си винаги се фокусирате около темите за войната, смъртта, борбата. Откъде черпите вдъхновение?
– Тези теми представляват личните битки, които всички ние водим заедно и преживяваме всеки ден от живота си, независимо къде се намираме и какво правим в този свят. Всички ние си пробиваме път, за да преминем и да се борим с всички, които искат да ни провалят, да се борим с нашите врагове или лични демони, за да победим и да продължим.
– Имате ли чувството, че в днешно време имаме особена нужда от герои?
– Сега, винаги и завинаги. Има герои около нас, често неразпознаваеми, но истинският герой не го прави за слава или награди. Геройството живее в сърцето, за да бъде чисто.
– Спомняте ли си кои изпълнители ви вдъхновяваха, когато започнахте своята професионална кариера?
– Sabbath, Mountain, Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep. Толкова много от легендарните банди.
– Преди две години заявихте, че сте прекалено млад, за да се пенсионирате. Представяте ли си вашия свят без музика и пътувания с Manowar?
– Никога! Роден съм, за да правя това и ще го правя до деня, в който умра!
– Казвате, че сте обикновен човек. Как се справяте с живота на рок звезда?
– Знам какво си мислят хората, когато стане дума за рок звезда, и знам, че те го разбират като комплимент. Но аз наистина не се виждам по този начин. Аз съм музикант. Имам любов и жажда за чист звук в студиото и на живо. Обичам да правя всичко около себе си толкова лудо, колкото съм аз, за да постигна перфектното представяне в студиото или изпълнението на живо. Обичам да чувам всички от нашия екип и всички, с които работя, да крещят и викат, когато ги помоля да направят и невъзможното. Също така се радвам, че всички страдания свършиха. За мен най-големият успех е да чувам колко са щастливи хората, когатo ни гледат. Аз съм човекът, който винаги съм бил. Ако се промениш заради своя социален статус в живота, пари или слава – значи си обречен.
– Последно – какво ще кажете на българските си почитатели?
– Елате и се присъединете към нас на 4 юли 2022 г.! Ще взривим тепетата в Пловдив с шоу, което няма да забравите никога! Не го пропускайте!
"I believe in the fans. I believe in metal more than anybody you've ever met. And another thing, I'm prepared to die for metal. Are you?" - Joey DeMaio, during a 2006 interview with Rock Hard Magazine.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.